- Developing CSR & DEI long-term vision, executing and managing the multi-year strategy
- Understanding of CSR-relevant drivers, regulation, politics, governance, and standards in a sector, national, or international context
- Implementing community engagement programs across multiple geographic regions in support of business priorities, public policies, and local communities
- Education in public policy, public administration, inclusivity & belonging (DEI), nonprofit management, and international communications
- Implementation of CSR through motivation, facilitation, collaboration, and supportive interpersonal relationships
- Excellent social, communication, and networking skills
- Capacity to work in multidisciplinary and multicultural partnerships, serving both the company’s needs and stakeholder interests simultaneously
- Engaging employees and fostering a positive corporate culture
AVP of Corporate Social Responsibility, FCP Euro
January 2021 – May 2023
- Development, execution, and management of FCP Euro’s five-year corporate social responsibility strategy.
- Lead and facilitated employee-driven CSR committee.
- Implemented robust community engagement program that included civic and business associations, nonprofit organizations, and educational institutions.
- Launched an internal employee matching gift campaign and a volunteer program that has resulted in more than $30K in employee donations, 400+ volunteer hours, and 29 campaigns from 2021-2023.
- Fulfilled 100% management and C-suite buy-in and participation in foundational DEI & Unconscious Bias workshops.
- Enhanced recruitment strategy which increased minority and female representation 20% company-wide, and 25% at leadership level.
- Vetted all incoming charitable grant applications.
- Developed and launched the inaugural FCP Euro Corporate Social Responsibility Report.
- Obtained Green-e certification for all FCP Euro facilities.
- Researched and facilitated green engineering project at new Arizona facility with an emphasis on reducing pollution, improving sustainability, and minimizing risk to employee wellbeing and the environment without sacrificing economic viability or sustainability.
- Elected to the Government Affairs and Women in Auto Care committees of the Auto Care Association (ACA).
- Guest presenter at Women in Auto Care, AAPEXedu DEI panel at annual conference, as well as at the Center for Automotive Diversity, Inclusion, and Advancement.
Manager of Global Corporate Social Responsibility, Raytheon Technologies, Pratt & Whitney
January 2019 – January 2021
- Successfully synchronized Raytheon CSR program integration following April 2020 merger.
- Launched CSR and COVID-19 Relief effort programs to align Pratt & Whitney supported nonprofit organizations with communities in need.
- Implemented a coordinated approach to employee engagement, education, and outreach through the alignment of ERGs (Employee Resource Groups), DEI, and CSR initiatives.
- Fostered CSR strategy alignment among all Pratt & Whitney global business units/functional groups and maintained annual charitable spend to not exceed $10.5 million.
- Improved site locations’ regional community engagement programs to align with CSR pillars, prioritize civic engagement, and increase Pratt & Whitney talent pool through educational institutions.
- Designed and developed two Pratt & Whitney signature STEM programs in China and Puerto Rico.
- Vetted all charitable grant applications to decrease the number of global charitable line items by 15% while not decreasing annual charitable commitment of $10.5 million spend.
Director of Community Engagement, Hartford’s Camp Courant
November 2015 – January 2019
- Created and implemented a 3-year marketing and communications plan that was directly in line with Camp Courant’s strategic initiatives.
- Created an integrated communications marketing plan that included traditional media, digital advertising, social media campaigns, email marketing, websites, and in-person events.
- Managed and implemented all fundraising events to secure $300,000 in corporate and individual contributions.
- Cultivated existing relationships with corporate, foundation and government supporters to expand recurring revenue streams and create meaningful volunteer opportunities for Camp supporters resulting in a 20% increase in individual giving and 350% increase in number of volunteers.
- Researched and co-developed grant proposals for foundations, government agencies and corporate philanthropies.
Associate Manager, Sales, Service, Visual & Operations, Williams Sonoma, Inc.
August 2014 – November 2015
- Designed, developed and maintained marketing plan and customer retention utilizing social media, purchasing trends and designer re-connection.
- Executed both exciting and informative monthly customer and community events focused on product launches, new customer retention, and designer education.
- Cultivated existing customer relationships and boost new customer spend to result in 20% increase in overall spend for 2015 earning district top 3 position.
- Retained rigid business acumen and P&L which resulted in national recognition in net contribution for 2013-2014.
- Participated and presented in local media shows such as CT Style and CPTV.
- Streamlined operational processes and policies to support customer-first environment.
- Created, lead and implemented effective cross-training of sales and stock associates to increase associate expertise and inspire seamless customer experience across store functional areas.
Associate Manager, Sales and Service and acting General Manager, Williams Sonoma, Inc.
October 2013 – July 2014
- Developed relationships with local realtors, designers and contractors to build mutual profitability, customer outreach and trade business leading to $300,000 store increase within 3 months.
- Pioneered new methods and raised all metrics of customer retention utilizing Pottery Barn Credit Cards, Clienteling, Gift Registrants and Designer Trade.
- Cultivated responsibilities of assistant managers to support visual and operational needs of the business while driving productivity of associates and designers.
- Trained and certified Design Studio specialists and gift registry specialists to further build customer retention, overall spend and elated customer experience.
- Effectively lead the store as both Associate Manager and acting General Manager for 9 months.
Division Manager, Nordstrom
September 2009 – October 2013
- Re-aligned divisions including product and salespeople to improve customer experience and brand exposure.
- Recruited, trained and promoted 15 salespeople to store, regional and corporate top-seller status and 3 assistant managers to division managers.
- Cultivated and lead Product Certification Training to provide salespeople with in-depth knowledge on finding the perfect collections for each client’s needs.
- Collaborated with Regional Merchandiser, vendors and store manager to host several brand-driven in store events resulting in $300,000-$500,000 increased year end volume year after year.
- Ensured accurate inventory management levels of all products and minimized department losses.
- Successfully mentored and developed 3 Interns under the Nordstrom Fashion Internship Program who were successfully promoted to full-time positions.
- Selected as regional instructor for the Nordstrom “Selling is Service” program.
Freelance Marketing Consultant (multiple clients)
June 2007-August 2009
- Set parameters of the project and facilitate onsite discussion with staff to gain a better understanding of the organizational marketing, communication, and community outreach capability and needs.
- Facilitate a large group discussion with staff and members of the community to better understand the opportunities and pulse of the community with respect to awareness/interest in organization or company.
- Develop a marketing strategy and implementation model to be tested in the community with printed materials and social media campaigns and outreach.
- Facilitate focus groups to test the marketing strategy and community outreach model.
- Develop a written plan for implementation of the marketing plan and community outreach strategy with time spent training and educating staff in the successful implementation of the plans.
Advertising Representative & Graphic Designer, The Hartford Advocate
January 2007 – June 2007
- Managed a portfolio of high level accounts which generated $50,000 in revenue per quarter.
- Grew customer base 15% in first 3 months.
- Collaborated with other account managers to prepare and deliver performance updates and quarterly business reviews.
- Designed, edited and proofed all clients advertising materials.
Regional Shift Supervisor, Starbucks Coffee Company
September 1999 – December 2006
- Trained and developed recently hired baristas and shift supervisors for 8 Connecticut and 2 New York locations.
- Anticipated customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Delivered legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer.
- Executed store operations during scheduled shifts. Organized opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Followed all cash management and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management practices are followed by shift team.
Education & Certifications
- Sustainability Strategies and Learning Design for Sustainability, Linkedin Learning (2023)
- Certificate in DEI&B Organizational Leadership, Cornell University (2023)
- Certificate in Mental Health First Aid, National Council for Mental Wellbeing (2023)
- M.P.A. in Public Policy and Administration, University of Connecticut (2020-2022)
- M.A. Certificate Nonprofit Management, University of Connecticut (2016-2018)
- Certificate in DEI&B Organizational Leadership, Cornell University (2023)
- Micro-credential Certificate, Universitas 21 and Common Purpose Global Citizenship (2021)
- B.A. International Communication and Fine Arts, Central Connecticut State University (2001-2007)
- Media Policies Program, Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh, UK (2005)
Awards and Community Engagement
- Awarded one of the ‘Top 100 Leaders’ at the 2021 International Transportation and Automotive Summit
- Pi Pi Alpha International Honors Society for Public Affairs & Administration
- Nu Lambda Mu International Honor Society for Nonprofit Academics
- Instructor, Competitor and 5th degree Black Belt in Tang Soo Do Karate
- Winner of two Pratt & Whitney “Go Beyond” Awards in 2019
- 2017 Hartford Business Journal “40 under Forty” honoree
- 2018 Hartford Business Journal “ Best of Business” award winner for Best Nonprofit Fundraiser
- Member of CADIA (Center for Automotive Diversity, Inclusion & Advancement)
- Advisory Board Member for USO New England
- Hire Heroes volunteer
- Versed in Italian, French and Spanish